If your business is not located in Indian River County please click “Counties We Serve” in the menu to find your county.
Florida Fictitious Name Publishing Requirements for Indian River County
Per Florida Statute 865.09, Effective July 1, 2009, prior to registering a fictitious name (also known a dba) you must publish a notice of intention in one newspaper in Indian River County where the principal office is located. This must be completed prior to the filing of the fictitious name with the Florida Division of Corporations.
If this legal notice is NOT published in Indian River County then you are NOT in compliance with the State of Florida Statute.
Click the following link to read the statute: Florida Statute 865.09
Penalty for Not Publishing your Florida Fictitious Name in Indian River County
Failure to meet the publishing requirement in Indian River County may cause the corporate veil to be broken and disregarded by the state of Florida. If a business fails to comply, the business, its members, and those interested in doing such business may not maintain any action, suit, or proceeding in any court of this state until this statute is complied with.
Any person who fails to comply with the statute commits a second degree misdemeanor, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. By having us publish your fictitious name in Indian River County this can avoided.
Publishing your Florida Fictitious Name in Indian River County can be confusing for business owners
Common problems business owners have when trying to publish their fictitious name in an Indian River County newspaper
- Most individuals are not familiar with generating a legal notice
- Writing the legal notice takes time that you might not have
- Choosing the correct newspaper in Indian River County to place the legal notice in is critical
- Researching how to place the legal notice in a newspaper from Indian River County and purchasing/submitting the legal notice in the newspaper takes time that you might not have
Why Choose Us for your Florida Fictitious Name Publishing in Indian River County
From start to finish we make a complex issue simple. We have a long and well established relationship with the Indian River County newspaper. With the vast number of newspapers in circulation in Indian River County our staff knows which newspapers comply with the Florida statue and will select the appropriate newspaper.
Our Florida Fictitious Name Publication Process in Indian River County
- We generate a legal notice that meets all the requirements for publishing a fictitious name in the State of Florida.
- We submit the legal notice to an Indian River County newspaper where your principal office is located.
- We obtain an affidavit from the Indian River County newspaper that your legal notice has been published.
- The affidavit of publication is emailed to you for your business records and proof of legal compliance with the State of Florida Statue.
Timeline to Complete Florida Fictitious Name Publishing in Indian River County
Completion is approximately 5-6 weeks. During this time, we will generate your legal notice, arrange and publish your legal notice in an Indian River County newspaper, obtain the affidavit from the newspaper, and email you the affidavit of publication for your business records.
Florida Fictitious Name Publishing Pricing for Indian River County
Price is determined by the cost of the newspaper advertisement plus our service fee for preparing the legal notice, submitting it to the newspaper and providing you with the affidavit of publication. The price we provide during the signup section below is all inclusive and there are no additional or hidden fees.